I am available for demonstrations and talks. I am also available for individual tutoring in a variety of textile-related techniques. Please contact me for further information.
My background in textile design and the watercolour illustrations I produce in my sketchbooks are the inspiration for creating the embroideries. I am fascinated by old houses, churches and nature; these are the themes that often appear in my work.
The artwork is painted using procion dyes mixed with a thickening agent, although sometimes I use diluted dye or watercolour. The choice of materials I use depends on the subject I am painting.
Once the artwork is painted, it is then embroidered with the sewing machine. Details are drawn straight onto the fabric with the thread; there aren't any drawn outlines to follow.
If you would like to commission an embroidery for a special occasion, please contact me with the details. Names and dates can be embroidered on to the work. I have been commissioned for pet portraits, churches and portraits.
- 2020 · #CreativeConnections. A digitally interactive textile artwork in response to the positive community support during lockdown. Funded by Severn Arts & Worcestershire County Council.
- 2020 · Embroidered artwork for the 'Art in the Garden' project funded by the Shakespeare's Birthplace Trust.
- 2018 - 2019 · 7.5 m x 3.5 m hand-painted silk backdrop for McCarthy-Felton School of Irish Dance.
- 2016 · Wall-hanging to support the launch of the book 'How the Pershore Plum won the Great War' by Professor Maggie Andrews and Jenny Waugh.
- 2016 · Wall-hanging celebrating the centenary of World War 1 for Bishampton History Society. On permanent display in St James' Church, Bishampton.
- 2016 · Exhibited with the Embroiderer's Guild at Charlecote Manor, Warwickshire.